In this article, you will learn how to set the hours a common door can be accessed.
With "Limit Access" you can restrict access to Common Areas that should not be accessed during certain hours. This might be your Kitchen, Pools, Common Area, Gyms & any other common area.
Limit Hours on Common Areas Using Hostel Chief
- Open property Chief on your mobile device & select "Common Area" from the bottom menu bar.
- Select the 3-dot menu at the top right of the app.
- Select "Limit Access"
- Select the hours that the Area can be assessed from (Start Time).
- Select the hours that the Area can be accessed To (End Time).
- Select "Save".
- You can update 'Limit Access' on Chief as often as you like.
- You do not need to be close to the lock for this to be updated.
- You can only set one open & close time.
- It is not possible to have multiple hours of operation.
How do Guests know what Time Limit is set?
- On the e-key, in the Goki app, the hours are displayed for guests to see.
- The e-key will not work outside of the hours set in Chief.
Remove Time Limit From Common Area
To remove time-based access, open 'Limit Access' in Chief & select "Clear" from the top right of the app. If you have issues with this feature then please contact Goki support.
Congratulations, you have now learned how to restrict access to common areas at certain times.